Entire House GOP Leadership Team is Signatory to No Climate Tax Pledge
Refuses to use climate change as a guise to grow government
Arlington, VA —The free market grassroots group Americans for Prosperity (AFP) today noted that following House GOP Conference organizing elections for the 113th Congress the entire leadership team has signed the No Climate Tax pledge. They have all agreed that they will “oppose any legislation relating to climate change that includes a net increase in government revenue.” The entire House GOP leadership team is also signed onto the pledge in the current 112th Congress.
“It is heartening to see that for the second congress in a row the House of Representatives will be led by a team that is publicly committed not to use climate as a guise to grow government,” said AFP Director of Policy James Valvo. “Carbon taxes are once again being floated as a way to raise revenue so that Washington can skip the hard work of actually getting runaway entitlement spending under control. Using a carbon tax to address the deficit would clearly be a violation of the pledge that the entire House Leadership team for the 112th and now 113th Congress have already pledged not to do,” Valvo concluded.
The following representatives will lead the GOP majority in U.S. House of Representatives in the 113th Congress and have all signed the pledge:
- John Boehner – Speaker of the House
- Eric Cantor – Republican Majority Leader
- Kevin McCarthy – Republican Majority Whip
- Cathy McMorris Rodgers – Republican Conference Chairman
- Greg Walden – National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman
- James Lankford – Republican Policy Committee Chairman
- Lynn Jenkins – Republican Conference Vice-Chair
- Virginia Foxx – Republican Conference Secretary
- Tim Scott – Sophomore Class Liaison to Leadership
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual’s right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFP believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. For more information, visit www.site.americansforprosperity.org